Fun Football Programme - Grade 7
Approx Times – 4 x 7 minute rotations & 2 x 10 minute games
Each team will need two ‘coaches’ on the pitch with their team – one to run the activity card and one to take the team around the POD to complete all four activities. Teams will move around the POD in a clockwise direction.
9:00 Game leaders split players into groups – Activity 1 kick off
9:07 Game leaders send players to next station – Activity 2 kick off
9:14 Game leaders send players to next station – Activity 3 kick off
9:21 Game leaders send players to next station – Activity 4 kick off
9:28 Return to original Station for drink – 2 minutes
Coaches ensure half the team has bibs on. The players wearing bibs will move clockwise to play two 8 minute games. One coach will move with the bibbed players and the other will remain with the non bib players.
9:30 Bibbed players rotate clockwise – Game 1 kick off
9:40 Bibbed players rotate clockwise – Game 2 Kick off
9:50 Clear field (remove little goals) & Pod coordinators return all cards to clubrooms
Duties of a POD Coordinator
- Collect your high vis vest and POD’s activity cards from the club rooms by 8:40am.
- Put on your high vis vest, find your field and hand out the activity cards to the coaches in your POD.
- Ensure all four teams in your POD have their gear and are set up ready to kick off at 9:00am
- Check coaches have put bibs on half of their players. If a team is short on players, ask for volunteers from the other teams to make up numbers for the games after the activities.
- Stay with your POD and help throw back balls that have gone out of play.
- Help the teams rotate in a clockwise direction when the hooter sounds – encourage a fast change when moving from one activity to the next and when moving into the small sided games.
- Ensure NO parents / spectators are in the middle area of the grids / on the field. There should be no more than 2 adults on the grid at any one time (coaches only).
- Make sure you and the children are having fun!
- Collect all the activity cards back from the teams and return them and your vest to the coordinator in the club rooms.