The Community Referee Course is currently available to complete online, in your own time!
Once players reach 9th grade and start playing 7-a-side, the game requires a referee. All referees for junior games are organised by teams and therefore require a volunteer (often parents) to referee the game. Having a Community Referee in the team is a huge asset - if your team has a certified CR and the opposition don’t, you are entitled to referee the whole game.
Gaining certification, and learning all you need to know on how to referee a game will allow you to step up on the day with confidence, and it's a great way to get involved! We also encourage kids, especially in the youth teams, to take this opportunity also - as refereeing will be a great way for them to keep involved in the game aside from playing.
About the Course
The online course has four modules plus a test to be completed and it doesn't have to be done all at once. At the end of the course you will receive the Community Referee qualification just the same as you would if you attended the course in person.
How to Register
There is two parts to registering for the course. First you must register your attendance with Auckland Football Federation through MyComet. Then you need to register for access to the online course through NZ Football.
1) Registering your Attendance with AFF
- Log into MyComet (https://mycomet-oceania.analyticom.de/en/login) using a login in the name of the person completing the course. If that person has not registered on MyComet before then they should create a login.
- Click on the register tab
- Type in ‘Auckland Combined’ under seller
- Scroll down to the product called ‘Community Referee Course ONLINE’
- Click on the green shopping cart next to it
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click proceed to checkout
2) Registering to Access the Online Course
- Got to https://nzfootball.brackenlearning.com
- Create login details
- Follow steps 1-4 in the image below. In Step 3 add the join code 682218. Make sure you click on SAVE.
- Email email@example.com to say that you have registered (a notification is not automatically sent) Beth will authorise your access to the course, and email you to confirm.
- Once your registration is authorised, you will be able to see the course
- Complete the modules and and take test when you are ready!
Make sure you submit your test to Beth Rattray.
Good Luck! Enjoy!