NZ Football and the 7 Member Federations have agreed to postpone all community football until May 2nd 2020, this includes NRFL Senior, NRFL Youth, Premier, Metro, Conference and AFF competitions for boys and girls, men and women. This includes our in-house programmes for 5 to 11 year olds.
This postponement includes all pre-season programmes, tournaments, workshops and other community competitions, including social leagues that are currently in progress, and all training is to be suspended until 18th April 2020.
This is a highly fluid situation and we will keep you updated as we hear more from NZ Football with regards to rescheduling the start of the 2020 Season.
Please note that 2nd May 2020 is the intended new start date at this time based on current information at hand. This could change as the situation continues to evolve.
Effective immediately all Western Springs Skills Centre & Academy Trainings are cancelled until further notice.
Coaches and Managers Meetings are postponed until further notice – you may pick up your kit bag from the clubrooms tonight between 5pm & 7:15pm
Some tips from the Ministry of Health:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with more than 60 percent alcohol.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
Given the situation with COVID-19 is constantly changing we continue to ask everyone involved in football to support one another and follow the official government guidelines, we will also continue to review the effects this may have on our local footballing community based on this advice.
Western Springs AFC – Club Chairman