GATE KEEPERS (Football Coordination)
Suitable for players aged 9-12 years
- Area of up to 25 x 25m. Modify area depending on the number and age of players.
- Place gates around the area (Gates can be made with 2 cones). Ensure that you have more gates than gate keepers.
- All players in Red have a ball each. 2 or 3 players in Blue are without a ball (Gate Keepers). Or the Coach can be the Gate Keeper.
- Place 4 Goals around the outside of the area.
HOW TO PLAY
- Reds dribble through the Gates and get a point each time they do.
- Gate Keepers stop the reds from dribbling through the gates. Gate Keepers are only there to block the gate and are not allowed to tackle.
- Play for a set time and see how many points each player wins.
- Switch team roles.
- Increase/decrease the number of gates
- Increase/decrease the number of Gate Keepers
- Gate Keepers are allowed to win the ball. If they do, they are allowed to score in one of the goals, resulting in the attackers score reducing to zero
- Dribbling with low centre of gravity
- Change of pace & direction
- Awareness – keep head up to know which gates are free