SHOW ME THE MONEY (Football Coordination)
Suitable for players aged 4-12 years
- Area of up to 20x20m. Modify area depending on the age & number of players. Two cones placed 2 metres apart represent “Banks”, and are placed on each side of the area.
- Divide the players into 2 uneven groups and bib accordingly.
- Blues begin with a ball each (1 ball = 1 Dollar).
- Place footballs in each corner of the area.
HOW TO PLAY
- Reds start practice as defenders, Blues as attackers.
- Reds have to steal a ball from a Blue and dribble it to the Bank.
- If an attacker loses their ball, they get another one from the piggy banks in one of the corners and re-enter the game.
- Keep count of how many dollars the defenders get, then change defenders after 60 seconds.
- Add one or more defenders
- Remove one or more balls so attackers can pass to help retain the ball
- Attackers have one ball between the team and attempt to keep possession through passing
- Awareness and vision of defenders/team mates
- Dribbling to protect the ball
- Proactive defending / tackling
- Turning away from defenders