FISHY FISHY (Football Technique)
Suitable for players aged 4-6 years
- Area of up to 20 x 15m. Modify area depending on the number and age of players.
- Players (fish) are gathered at shallow end of the sea (end of playing area) with or without a ball.
- The coach (shark) stands in the deep part of the sea (middle of playing area) with a ball.
HOW TO PLAY
- Shark begins game by shouting “Fishy, Fishy, Fishy come and swim in my sea”.
- Fish respond “Sharky, Sharky, Sharky you can’t catch me” and try to swim (run or dribble) to the opposite shallow end of the sea.
- Sharks try to “eat” the fish by passing their ball and hitting player’s below the knee or the player’s football.
- If fish is “eaten”, they become a shark. The last fish swimming is the winner.
- Put fish in pairs with one ball between them. Fish must pass the ball to each other 3 times whilst swimming to other side.
- Dribbling under close control whilst using different parts of the foot
- Ability to change speed with the ball
- Ability to use different fakes / turns to disguise