MOVING GOALS (Football Technique)
Suitable for players aged 7-12 years
- Set up area 30x20m. Modify area depending on the number and age of players.
- Two ‘goals’ inside the area. Goals are made by two players (Reds) holding one end of a bib each (stretched out) to form a goal.
- All other players (Blues) have a ball each.
- Place spare footballs around the perimeter.
HOW TO PLAY
- The 2 ‘goals’ move around the area keeping a bib stretched out to maintain distance between them.
- Players dribble around and try to score by kicking the ball between goal, underneath the bib. Players follow their pass/shot to collect the ball and continue.
- 1 point for every goal. Try to score as many points as possible in 90 seconds.
- Change over the Goals after every 90 seconds.
- Coach to specify which foot to pass with (left/right)
- Increase or decrease the size of the area
- Goals can defend by stopping the balls using feet
- Passing and Shooting
- Timing of the pass/shot
- Weight of pass
- Awareness of passing angles
- Dribbling & Turning