SHOOTING STARS (Football Technique)
Suitable for players aged 7-12 years
- Area of 20x20m with a 5x5m square in the centre. Modify area depending on the number and age of players. Three small goals on 3 sides of the area.
- Divide the players into 2 teams and bib accordingly .
- Reds begin with players in each goal, with the rest in the middle square. Reds in the middle square have a ball each.
- Blues all begin inside the middle area with a ball each.
HOW TO PLAY
- Blues have 1 minute to score as many goals as possible.
- Reds can’t tackle, rather they try to block blue players from shooting by dribbling in front of them.
- If the ball goes out, the blue player retrieves the ball and dribbles in from where it went out.
- If GK saves a shot, they look to serve the ball back into the square for blue to receive.
- Blues are not allowed to shoot at the same goal twice in a row.
- Play for 1 minute then switch roles
- Defenders are allowed to tackle opponent – if they gain possession, dribble to cone and leave ball there
- Remove or add another goal (two or four goals)
- Shooting player can follow up shot and look to score from rebound/ save within 3 seconds
- Remove 1 or 2 balls so passes can be made to open shooting opportunities
- Shooting – power and accuracy
- Vision & Awareness – position of GK / Defender
- 1st touch control – receiving to shoot/pass/dribble