TANKS AND SOLDIERS (Football Technique)
Suitable for players aged 9-12 years
- Area of up to 30x20m. Modify area depending on the age and number of players.
- Divide the players into 2 teams and bib accordingly.
- Blue team (the Tanks) has players in pairs, stood facing each other on opposite sides of the area, with one ball between them.
- Red team (the Soldiers) all stand on the outside of the area as shown below.
HOW TO PLAY
- When the coach shouts “Go”, Reds aim to run to the opposite side of the area.
- Blues pass to each other and try to hit Reds below the knee with the ball.
- If a soldier gets hit they become a tank.
- Tanks must pass the ball with different feet
- Are becomes smaller so that the tanks are closer to the soldiers
- Passing accuracy
- 1st touch control
- Acceleration / deceleration and agility