CAPTURE THE FLAG (General Movement)
Suitable for players aged 7-12 years
- Set up area 30x20m, split into 10x20m thirds. Modify area depending on the age & number of players.
- Split group into 2 even teams.
- Place footballs (flags) on cones on each of the end lines. Ensure that there are more flags than there are defenders.
- Use double cones to show thirds.
HOW TO PLAY
- Each team must enter the other teams defensive zone and then capture a flag. Once player has the flag they are safe to return to home base.
- Opposition players can stop the other team by tagging them in their defensive third. The attacking player must then return to their goal line before they can attack again.
- 3 minute games, who can steal the most opposition flags?
- Players can dribble the ball back to home base
- Give players defensive or attacking roles
- Players are allowed the tackle the opposition in the middle zone (third)
- Players are allowed to pass back to teammates in their home base (Defensive third)
- Increase or decrease the size of the area
- Dodging, weaving, acceleration
- Awareness of space
- Dribbling and passing
- Awareness of passing angles
- Awareness of roles and responsibilities (defense/attack)