DRAG RACING (General Movement)
Suitable for players aged 7-12 years
- Set up area 20x20m with two rows of cones down the centre. Modify area depending on the age & number of players.
- Divide the group into two even teams, each player with the ball and standing on in their teams by a cone.
- Number each paired players on each team.
HOW TO PLAY
- On the coaches call, that number must run up the outside of their team and then race down the drag strip around the last player and then back to their cone.
- Players must go up the outside and then down the drag strip.
- Players carry their footballs whilst running.
- Coach can call two numbers at one time
- Players must dribble their football
- Coach can specify how to dribble (left foot, inside foot)
- Players must weave in and out of their own team players as they
go down before returning to their cone
Coach to collect balls and then serve a ball down the drag strip as he calls a number. Those players must run up the outside
and then down the drag strip to win possession of the football. The winning team is the team with the most footballs after everyone has had a turn.
- Accelerating, turning
- Ball manipulation