FOOTBALL SESSIONS - U10 GIRLS
All players born in 2012 are invited to attend these football sessions (fun smaller sided games). We appreciate the players will have different motivations for playing - but hopefully all have fun near the top of the list. We aim to use these sessions to bring the girls together, reconnect with friends or begin new friendships, get lots of touches of the ball and play some small sided games - for an enjoyable experience. The teams will be put together based on player preferences (i.e. friendships, schools, preferred day to play, etc).
- All teams will train 1x weekly in their team with a volunteer coach and are encouraged to attend 1x weekly Springs Skill Centre Girls training (at extra cost of $100 per term). For more information about Skill Centre trainings and to register go to https://wsafc.org.nz/skills-centre/.
- These girls teams can choose to play in teams that play games on:
- Saturday mornings against girls teams from other clubs with games, organised by Northern Football Federation (NRF), either at Seddon Fields or away at other clubs (usually within 5-15km)
- Sunday mornings against girls and mixed teams with games, against other Springs teams in our own 9-12th grade in-house, always on the turf at Seddon Fields.
So players have the option to play on Saturdays or Sundays! Grade coordinators will finalise these teams once players are registered and any playing preferences have been received.
- Sunday 13 March 11:00am-12:00pm on Seddon Fields 4 (grass)
- Monday 21 March 4:00-5:00pm on Seddon Fields 4 (grass)
Information for the day:
- Players should arrive at Seddon Fields 15 minutes before the session starts, to register their arrival and be allocated a bib. This helps with the smooth running of the games and also for coaches getting to know players.
- Please bring a full drink bottle to speed up the breaks during the session.
- Players should wear turf boots, shin pads and appropriate football clothing.
- Players who have not registered with WSAFC for the 2022 season may not be selected for a team
- Players will be informed of the team selections during late March / early April with team training starting at the start of April
HOW TO REGISTER
Western Springs AFC uses Friendly Manager for all registrations; if you...
Have registered with Western Springs AFC (includes term programs, holiday programs or season registration) during 2020 or 2021 season, please click on the green Login button. CLICK HERE for instructions.
Login using the email address you registered with. If you have forgotten your password, please click on "Need help logging in". If your email address is not recognised your other half may have done the registration so please check with them, please do not create another profile for your child. Contact email@example.com if you would like to be added to your child's profile.
Have NOT registered with Western Springs AFC for any programs since 2020, please click on the blue Register button.