PLAYER ID SESSIONS - U10 MIXED
All girls and boys born in 2012 are invited to attend the Mixed U10 Player ID Sessions for selection into the WSAFC U10 Academy Teams.
Players selected in an Academy team will train twice per week during terms 2 and 3 and will play 7 v 7 in the NRF (Northern Region Football) League on Saturday mornings. Selection into these teams requires the ability to play on Saturdays around Auckland.
- The 2x Premier teams will each have an independent qualified junior coach for 2 trainings (includes 1x Skill Centre training) and a game each week; this brings an extra cost for the coaches' skills and time. The coaching fees for this time will be $200 per term for terms 2 & 3.
- The other 2 Academy teams will have a volunteer coach for their game and team training but will attend a Springs Skill Centre training (attended by all 3-4 Academy teams) as their second weekly session; there is an extra cost for this of approx $120 per player per term for terms 2 & 3.
We appreciate players have different motivations for playing and are supportive of players preferring to play with friends. Players whose priority is to play with friends (or stay in the same teams as in 2021 and play in our in-house) should not attend these Player ID sessions but instead will be placed in teams by their grade coordinator and play on Sunday mornings click here for more info. Grade coordinators will finalise these teams once players are registered and any playing preferences have been received.
First ID Session:
Thu 10 Feb | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Field 5/6, Seddon Fields
Second ID Session:
Tue 15 Feb | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Field 5/6, Seddon Fields
Information for the day:
- Players should arrive at Seddon Fields 15 minutes before the session starts, to register their arrival and be allocated a bib.
- Please bring a full drink bottle to speed up the breaks during the session.
- Players should wear turf boots, shin pads and appropriate football clothing.
- To keep player numbers to a manageable number, some players may be asked not to attend a Player ID session which will allow those players attending plenty of touches of the ball and opportunities to show their skills.
- We encourage all other players to register to attend our Springs Skill Centre U9/10 trainings to continue to develop their skills further. These trainings - which run throughout the 4 terms - will start in term 1 during the week commencing 21st February with available trainings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For more information and to register, go to https://wsafc.org.nz/skills-centre/
- Players will be informed of the team selections for the Development teams by 20th March
- Players who have not registered with WSAFC for the 2022 season will not be selected for a team so please ensure you have registered for the 2022 season by this date. Further information about 2022 registrations will be available on our website during early February - https://wsafc.org.nz/registrations-junior-and-youth/
- NRF and In-house games will begin during the weekend of 7th May and finish on the weekend of 23rd September
REGISTER TO ATTEND PLAYER ID SESSIONS
Western Springs AFC uses Friendly Manager for all registrations; if you...
Have registered with Western Springs AFC (includes term programs, holiday programs or season registration) during 2020 or 2021 season, please click on the green Login button. CLICK HERE for instructions.
Login using the email address you registered with. If you have forgotten your password, please click on "Need help logging in". If your email address is not recognised your other half may have done the registration so please check with them, please do not create another profile for your child. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to your child's profile.
Have NOT registered with Western Springs AFC for any programs after 2019, please click on the blue Register button.