PLAYER ID SESSIONS - U14, U15, U16 GIRLS
All girls born 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 are invited to attend Player ID sessions for selection into the Western Springs AFC Academy Teams.
WESTERN SPRINGS AFC GIRLS ACADEMY
All girls born in 2006 to 2009 are invited to attend the Player ID Sessions for selection into the WSAFC U14 & U16 Academy Teams. The Western Springs Academy team will play in the NRFL (Northern Region Football League) Youth competition.
They will play their games on Saturdays and, while the majority of games will be within Auckland, may require travel up to Northland or to Hamilton/Tauranga (NRFL Youth team).
- Players in the U14 and U16 NRFL Youth team squads will attend our New Zealand Football accredited Talent Development Programme (TDP) and have an independent qualified youth coach for 3x trainings (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday) and a game (Saturday); this brings an extra cost for the coaches skills, time and regulatory costs (linked to the requirements of playing in the NRFL Youth competition).
Players whose priority is to play with friends (or stay in the same teams as in 2021) do not need to attend (but may do so) these Player ID sessions but instead will be placed in teams by their grade coordinator and play in an U14 competition on Saturdays in an NRF league. Game will kick off between 11:00-1:00 either at one of our home fields or away at other clubs around Auckland. Grade coordinators will finalise these teams once players are registered and any playing preferences have been received.
All players will be required to wear an Academy training shirt during all Academy training sessions. These can be purchased online. Please click here to view and order.
Academy players will be required to pay $250 per term to cover the above costs.
WESTERN SPRINGS AFC GIRLS
Those wishing not to participate in the Academy but would like to play with players of the same ability can play for our 14th & 16th Grade teams that play in Division One of the NRF League across Auckland
Training will be 1x per week with a volunteer coach.
These teams will play on Saturdays (late morning/early afternoon) at clubs across Auckland.
To play in our U14 or U16 Girls Division 1 teams, please register for the 2022 season and also state any preferences (if any) on the online registration from. These preference will be used to help with finalising these teams.
Player ID Sessions
Feb 8th | 5:20pm - 6:30pm
Field 1 (turf), Seddon Fields
Feb 10th | 5:20pm - 6:30pm
Field 4 (grass), Seddon Fields
Feb 15th | 5:20pm - 6:30pm
Field 1 (turf), Seddon Fields
Information for the day:
- Players should arrive at Seddon Fields 15 minutes before the session starts, to register their arrival and be allocated a bib.
- Please bring a full drink bottle to speed up the breaks during the session.
- Players should wear turf boots, shin pads and appropriate football clothing.
- Players who have not registered with WSAFC for the 2022 season may not be selected for a team
- Players will be informed of the team selections following Player ID Trainings in February 2022
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact:
Ryan Faithfull - Head of Women's Football
REGISTER TO ATTEND PLAYER ID SESSIONS
Western Springs AFC uses Friendly Manager for all registrations; if you...
Have registered with Western Springs AFC (includes term programs, holiday programs or season registration) during 2020 or 2021 season, please click on the green Login button. CLICK HERE for instructions.
Login using the email address you registered with. If you have forgotten your password, please click on "Need help logging in". If your email address is not recognised your other half may have done the registration so please check with them, please do not create another profile for your child. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to your child's profile.
Have NOT registered with Western Springs AFC for any programs after 2019, please click on the blue Register button.