PLAYER ID SESSIONS - U17 MIXED
All girls and boys born in 2005 & 2006 are invited to attend the Mixed U17 Player ID Sessions for selection into the WSAFC U17 Academy Teams. The 2x Western Springs Academy teams will play 11v11 in the NRFL (Northern Region Football League) Youth and NRF (Northern Region Football) Championship competitions.
All of these teams will play their games on Sundays (kick off usually 1:00-2:00) and, while the majority of games will be within Auckland, may require travel up to Northland or to Hamilton/Tauranga (NRFL Youth team).
- Players in the NRFL Youth team squad will attend our New Zealand Football accredited Talent Development Programme (TDP) and have an independent qualified youth coach for 3x trainings and a game; this brings an extra cost for the coaches skills and time, and regulatory costs with playing in the NRFL Youth competition. The coaching fees for this time will be $250 per term.
- The NRF Championship teams will have an independent qualified youth coach for 2x trainings and a game; this brings an extra cost for the coaches skills and time. The coaching fees for this time will be $190 per term.
We appreciate players have different motivations for playing and are supportive of players preferring to play with friends. Players whose priority is to play with friends (or stay in the same teams as in 2021) should not attend these Player ID sessions but instead will be placed in teams by their grade coordinator and play in an U17 competition on Saturdays in an NRF league. Game will kick off between 1:00-2:00 either at one of our home fields or away at other clubs around Auckland. Grade coordinators will finalise these teams once players are registered and any playing preferences have been received.
Any players who would like to play for one of these Academy teams and are not attending the Term 1 Academy, should contact Andy Vernon - Head of Junior and Youth Football - to register their interest.
Information for the day:
- Players should arrive at Seddon Fields 15 minutes before the session starts, to register their arrival and be allocated a bib.
- Please bring a full drink bottle to speed up the breaks during the session.
- Players should wear turf boots, shin pads and appropriate football clothing.
- Following the Player ID sessions, we will invite players to our Term 1 Springs Academy. The Springs Academy is for players who will play in our Academy teams. Our Term 1 Academy will run for 4 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Monday 14th February. Towards the end of this 4 week block the Academy teams will be selected for the season and will go into team training from Monday 14th March. Once into their teams, all teams will train on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the NRFL Youth team also training on Wednesdays.
- Some players may be asked not to attend a Player ID session as they have already been invited to our Term 1 Academy. This may be because we are content that we have had an opportunity to observe the players during recent Academy trainings/games.
- Players who have not registered with WSAFC for the 2022 season may not be selected for a team
- Players will be informed of the team selections for the Academy teams during the week beginning 8th March
- NRFL Youth games will begin during the weekend of 3rd April and finish on the weekend of 24th September
- NRF Championship games will begin during the weekend of 1st May and finish on the weekend of 24th September
REGISTER TO ATTEND PLAYER ID SESSIONS
Western Springs AFC uses Friendly Manager for all registrations; if you...
Have registered with Western Springs AFC (includes term programs, holiday programs or season registration) during 2020 or 2021 season, please click on the green Login button. CLICK HERE for instructions.
Login using the email address you registered with. If you have forgotten your password, please click on "Need help logging in". If your email address is not recognised your other half may have done the registration so please check with them, please do not create another profile for your child. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to your child's profile.
Have NOT registered with Western Springs AFC for any programs after 2019, please click on the blue Register button.