CONE GAME (Small Sided Game)
Suitable for players aged 9-12 years
- Area of up to 30x20m. Modify area depending on the number and age of players.
- Divide the players into 2 teams and bib accordingly (Reds / Blues).
- Have footballs around the outside of the area to restart match quickly.
- Have a number of tall cones at either end.
- Place cones at each end of the area to create an end zone.
HOW TO PLAY
- Teams score a point by passing the football and knocking a tall cone over.
- The player who knocked over the cone picks it up and takes it back to their own team’s line. (This gives the other team a quick overload advantage).
- At the end of the game, the team with the most cones wins
- Teams must complete a number of passes before they are able to shoot at the cones
- Play game with two footballs at one time
- Vision & Awareness
- Decision making – when to pass/when to shoot
- Supporting movement
- Passing accuracy