STREET FOOTBALL (Small Sided Game)
Suitable for players aged 4-12 years
- Group players into pairs.
- Each area is to be 10 - 15m long x 6 - 8m wide. Modify the area depending on the age and number of players.
- Goals at the end of each area – use smaller goals if possible.
HOW TO PLAY
- Teams play 2v2 competitive games against each other. Game duration of no more than 2 minutes.
- The player closest to their team’s goal can become the GK but can not use their hands.
- The ball can be dribbled or passed in from the restart.
- After a team scores, both players must retreat to halfway for the game to restart.
- At the end of each game, one team from each pitch moves to the next pitch and plays against a different opposition.
- Teams can only score in attacking 1/3 of the pitch
- GK can use hands in defending 1/3 of the pitch
- Coach calls out two colours to switch pitches while games are being played
- Dribbling 1v1s
- Decision Making – when to pass / shoot / dribble
- Defending – Tackling • Communication