Football Coordination | Protect the City
Suitable for players aged 4-12 years
- Set up area 20x20m with 4-6 footballs sitting on cones in the middle.
- Select a group of 4 players who will become the defenders of the city (Blues).
- Reds (Attackers) spread out around the square with 6-8 footballs (missiles) between them.
- Place a ball in a “safe zone” in the corners for defenders to use.
HOW TO PLAY
- Reds must pass the football past the “Defenders” and try and knock over the city in the middle.
- Defenders must block the missiles without entering the city boarder (specify a perimeter that the defenders can not enter, 2-3m diameter).
- Reds can pass to other attackers to create an angle to send missiles
- Defenders can retrieve balls from the safe zone to replace a fallen city building in the middle
- Increase missiles or decrease defenders
- Increase or decrease the size of the area
- Compactness in defending
- Passing and Shooting
- Vision and Awareness