Football Technique | Mosquito
Suitable for players aged 4-12 years
- Area of up to 20x20m. Modify area depending on the number and age of players.
- Two players have a ball each (Mosquitoes).
- Extra footballs around the area to restart match.
HOW TO PLAY
- Two “Mosquitoes” players try and bite players by hitting players below the knee with a football.
- Mosquitoes can dribble with the football.
- Once hit below the knee the bitten player becomes a Mosquito and must retrieve a football from the side line. They then re-join the game and try and infect other players.
- Play 1-2 minutes rounds to see how many players they can bite.
- Players without a ball need to avoid being bitten by running, dodging and evading the “Mosquito’s” footballs.
- Reduce the area size
- Constrain the dodging players to skipping, hopping etc
- Add a football for every player and Mosquitoes must hit the football to bite
- Awareness and vision of the players around
- Agility and coordination
- Dribbling skills