Football Coordination | Land Ahoy
Suitable for players aged 4-12 years
- Overall area of 30x30m. Set up 3 “Islands” using circles of cones and a “Pirate Ship” with a rectangle of cones. Vary the size of islands.
- Scatter cones, bibs and footballs within the circles.
- Footballs = cannonballs, bibs = silk , cones = precious gems.
- 2 Blue defenders start on the islands. All other players have a ball & start on the ‘ship’.
HOW TO PLAY
- Players dribble the ball to islands and try to steal the treasure and take it back to their ship.
- The 2 defenders try to stop them by tagging players. If tagged players must drop whatever treasure they have and leave the island immediately.
- Players can only be tagged on the islands, but defenders can move between islands to defend all 3.
- Decrease size of the islands to make them easier to defend
- Add more defenders
- Give a time limit
- Defenders can tackle players and kick their ball away
- Dribbling & turning
- Vision & awareness
- Awareness of roles and responsibilities (defence/attack)